Seventy-seven percent of the Canadians are unwilling to pay for Prince Harry, and his wife, Meghan Markle’s security, reveals a new pole. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, after their resignation from their roles, settled in British Columbia last month. The majority of Canadians do not want to pay for the royal couple’s security as they are not representing the Queen or the monarch.

According to a report, only 19 percent do not object to their country, assuming a share of the security costs. Officials have claimed that the discussions are underway about who will now pay the couple’s £7.6 million-a-year security as they are no longer a part of the monarchy. 

More than two-thirds of Canadians feel that the privacy of the couple, along with eight-month-old Archie, will be better respected in Canada that it was in Britain. However, Harry and Meghan are taking no chances. Last month, they issued a legal warning to the media over pictures of the duchess out hiking with Archie and two dogs. The lawyers claimed that photos were taken without their consent, and the couple was prepared to take legal action. 

Responding to the poll data, Royal expert Richard Palmer tweeted saying: “People in other parts of the world are happy to express their admiration for the Royal Family until they are asked to pay for them.”

“What will US citizens think if the Sussexes end up settling in California eventually?” he asked.

Canada is a parliamentary monarchy, and Queen Elizabeth II is the head of state. The poll found 32 percent of respondents supported, while 20 percent said they were opposed outright to the monarchy. The survey was conducted by telephone and online, and more than 1,000 Canadians submitted a response to the study. 

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
Theresa May Set Up Brexit Department to Prevent Boris Johnson Handling Brexit Negotiation

Theresa May Set Up Brexit Department to Prevent Boris Johnson Handling Brexit Negotiation

by Susmita February 11, 2020
Jeremy Hunt claims that Theresa May plans to set up the Brexit department to stop Boris Johnson handling Brexit negotiations as foreign secretary. Mr Hunt said Mrs May made a "deliberate decision" to sideline the then Foreign Secretary Mr Johnson. The decision to create the now-defunct department was "a deliberate decision to take Brexit out of the hands of the Foreign Office while Boris (Johnson) was foreign secretary". While talking...