The baby of UK Prince Harry and Meghan, whose name and title are set to be disclosed later this week, is seventh in line to the British throne.
The arrival of the newborn baby ensures the eight position of Prince Andrew, Harry’s uncle in the line.
The instant line of succession to the throne includes Queen Elizabeth II’s four children and along with their descendants:
1. Prince Charles, Prince of Wales— Born 1948, eldest son of Queen Elizabeth
2. Prince William, Duke of Cambridge— Born 1982, Charles’s eldest son
3. Prince George of Cambridge— Born 2013, William’s eldest son
4. Princess Charlotte of Cambridge— Born 2015, William’s daughter
5. Prince Louis of Cambridge— Born 2018, William’s second son
6. Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex— Born 1984, Charles’ second son
7. Royal Baby— Born on Monday at 5:26am (0426 GMT)
8. Prince Andrew, Duke of York— Born 1960, Queen Elizabeth’s second son
9. Princess Beatrice of York— Born 1988, Andrew’s eldest daughter
10. Princess Eugenie of York— Born 1990, Andrew’s second daughter
11. Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex— Born 1964, Queen Elizabeth’s third son
12. James, Viscount Severn— Born 2007, Edward’s son
13. Lady Louise Windsor— Born 2003, Edward’s daughter
14. Princess Anne, Princess Royal— Born 1950, Queen Elizabeth’s daughter
15. Peter Phillips— Born 1977, Anne’s son
16. Savannah Phillips— Born 2010, Phillips’ eldest daughter
17. Isla Phillips— Born 2012, Phillips’ second daughter
18. Zara Tindall— Born 1981, Anne’s daughter
19. Mia Tindall— Born 2014, Tindall’s eldest daughter
20. Lena Tindall— Born 2018, Tindall’s second daughter
The descendants of Queen Elizabeth are pursued by the six of her late sister Princess Margaret, as her only sibling. The descendants of their father King George Vi’s siblings then pursue. Descended from her father King George V, who died in 1936, there are more than 70 living people.
According to the 1701 Act of Settlement, only people descended from Sophia of Hanover can receive the throne.
The monarchical website goes down as far as Zara Tindall, though some measurements enlist more than 5,700 living descendants of Sophia, along with Roman Catholics who cannot receive.