Google prepares to shut down much of its social networking, Google+, after user’s confidential data was leaked out.

Google+ to be considered as a bug in its software meant information and people used to believe that their data are private but were accessible by third parties.

Google reports that over 500,000 users have claims been affected.

According to the report of the source, Google came to know about the issue earlier in March but did not disclose it in public. An internal Google memo that said was doing may draw immediate regulatory interest.”

However, Google rejected all allegations and said that the issue was not enough serious to inform in public.

In a statement, Google stated that “Our Privacy and Data Protection Office reviewed this issue, looking at the type of data involved, whether we could accurately identify the users to inform, whether there was any evidence of misuse and whether there were any actions a developer or user could take in response.”

“None of these thresholds were met here,” added the firm.

Failure in venture

Google+ was unveiled in the year 2011, which became an unsuccessful attempt to compete with tech giant Facebook.

Now, after so many years of speculation that it decided to shut down, Google brought Google+ for consumers to an end.

Google declared that it would continue offering private Google+ powered networks for businesses, presently using the software.

Google’s Vice-President of Engineering Ben Smith posted in a blog reads, “It has not achieved broad consumer or developer adoption, and has seen limited user interaction with apps.”

In the past, Google was not that concerned to share data on how Google+ needs to be used, but now after facing toughest competition from Facebook and exposure of user’s data, the firm appears enthusiastic play down its importance.

It was stated that “The consumer version of Google+ currently has low usage and engagement: 90% of Google+ user sessions are less than five seconds.”

Alphabet, the parent company of Google fell in its share by 1.23%.

 

Related Articles
Next Story
Technology & Gadgets

Nokia Alerts UK For Using 5G Kit Of Huawei

June 28, 2019
Going Viral
Plan To Block No Deal ‘Could Involve Queen’, Brexit

Plan To Block No Deal ‘Could Involve Queen’, Brexit

by Susmita July 19, 2019
Sources said, senior Tories, seeking to block a no-deal Brexit, are investigating a radical plan involving Queen. The top officials in the rebel group are worried over the fact that the next prime minister could ignore the will of parliament that they have discussed a scheme to ask the Queen to intervene. Amid the inflamed atmosphere at Westminster, these Conservatives are thinking of holding a vote on a parliamentary device...