Thailand cave rescue: Search teams unsure how to free trapped boys. Late Tuesday, Chief Rear Adm. Aphakorn Yoo-kongkaew told reporters at a news conference “Now we have given food to the boys, starting with food that is easy to digest and provides high energy,” he said. “We have taken care of those boys following the doctor’s recommendation. So do not worry, we will take care of them with our best. We will bring all of them with safety. We are now planning how to do so.”

The boys, between 11 and 16 and are members of the Wild Boars soccer team, had been exploring the cave network with their soccer coach on June 23, when heavy seasonal rains flooded the cave’s entrance, forcing the group further and further into the labyrinth of tunnels in search of high ground.

Paul Auerbach, professor of emergency medicine at Stanford University, said “This is going to be a complicated rescue. It’s manageable, but they have to be sure that these kids are physically capable of it and emotionally capable of it as well,” said Auerbach.

You May also Know- 3 Accused Behind the Behind the Treachery of the GreenFell Tower Fire.

“They’ll be assessed for hydration status, adequate fuel supply, adequate food so that their glucose level is adequate, and then no doubt they’ll do practice dives,” he added.

On Monday, Narongsak Osottanakorn, governor of Chiang Rai, the region where the caves are located, told reporters that the mission is “not done yet” and medical experts need to enter the cave to assess the boys before any further action is taken.

Pat Moret, a rescue consultant, told CNN on Monday, Scuba tanks are delivered to the site to aid rescue efforts. The worst-case scenario is they have to dive them out”It won’t be anything like diving that most people recognize. It will be diving in what is effectively muddy water, possibly fast-flowing, with n0o sense of direction,” Moret added, “You can’t tell what’s up, down, sideways.”

The emotional toll of any rescue attempt would also need to be considered.

 

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
After Land Rover Crash of Prince Philip the Road is Under Review After Five Deaths in Six Years

After Land Rover Crash of Prince Philip the Road is Under Review After Five Deaths in Six Years

by Haimantee Ghosh January 18, 2019
In the last six years, five more deadly accident has taken place on the road where the Duke of Edinburgh faced collision during driving nearby Sandringham Estate. Norfolk County Council has planned to talk about the safety of the section of the B1439 less than 24 hours after the overturning of the Land Rover of Prince Philip. The meeting had been arranged already at 10 am for discussing the review...